Friday, January 06, 2006

Words

Blogging is good for me. Having kept a blog daily for just over a year now, I realise how good it is for me.
Not only does it allow me a place where I can say what`s on my mind, sometimes thoughts and feelings that I wouldn`t necessarily want to talk about to people, but which I feel the need to share. But more so because I`ve realised that it`s actually helping my use of words.

That thought came to me yesterday after I`d posted yesterdays entry. A few month ago I would have just used the words bits & pieces or odds and ends, instead I found that I`d used the word paraphernalia. Alright, I must admit, I doubt I`d use that in conversation with others for fear of being thought `above them`, but writing on here has made me stop and think and try to find more accurate words for what I want to say. Although probably my grammar, English and punctuation aren`t too good, I hopefully make it more interesting reading too. I know I certainly now enjoy trying to find the right descriptive words instead of the common ones. So, I suppose you could call blogging an educational exercise?

1 comment:

Rajesh said...

Yup. Definitely !!