Monday, January 16, 2006

Lifetimes

I heard this on the radio this morning, and it made me smile, so thought I`d share it….

On the first day, God created Dog and said, “you`re to sit at the door of the house and bark at everyone who comes in or out of the house or goes past. I`ll give you a life span of 20 years”. “Twenty years!” said Dog, “that`s too long to sit and bark, I`ll give you 10 years back”. “Alright” said God.

On the second day, God created a Monkey and said, “you`re to perform monkey tricks to entertain people, I`ll give you a life span of 20 years”. “Twenty years! That’s far too long to perform tricks” said Monkey, “I`ll give you 10 years back”. “Alright” said God.

On the third day, God created Cow and said, “you`re to graze the pasture, produce calves, produce milk and work for farmer, I`ll give you a life span of 60 years”. “That’s far too long” said Cow, “I`ll give you 40 years back”. “Alright” said God.

On the next day God created Man and said, ”you`re to eat, sleep and have fun, I`ll give you a life span of 20 years”. “That`s not long enough” said Man, “let me have the 10 years Dog gave back, the 10 years Monkey gave back and the 40 years Cow gave back”. “Alright” said God, “that will make 80 years. For the first 20 years you`ll eat, sleep and enjoy life, for the next 40 years you`ll work hard and produce a family, for the next 10 you`ll perform monkey tricks for your grandchildren and for the last 10 you`ll sit and the door and bark at all who pass” !

2 comments:

Craig Deal said...

that is very funny!

Rajesh said...

lol ... funny one