Friday, January 20, 2006

Unusual travel

I had the unusual experience of having to catch a train today – and found forgotten pleasure in a train ride, even though it was only for a short distance, there was something quite relaxing about the sound of the wheels on the track and just watching the countryside go by, looking into peoples back gardens. Something I used to do quite regularly – no, not look into gardens!, but use the train. And that today followed the very unusual experience of having a ride in an ambulance – not, I hasten to add, thankfully as the patient.

Sitting doing a word puzzle in a book as I waited for the train today, I uncovered a quotation that seemed so apt to me at present: “Anxiety is simply part of the condition of being human”. Only snag is, it didn`t give any ideas on how to cope with being anxious and worried.

No comments: