Friday, January 13, 2006

A Winter Walk


Posted by Picasa
Keeping to my new year resolutions I went for a walk this afternoon. Taking my car, I went to the coast and parked near the promenade. The sun was out, the wind cold but bracing. It was a joy to be outside, to be able to appreciate the beauty of a bright winter`s day. The tide was out and there was a long golden stretch of sand and in the distance one could see the sea gently lapping on the sand. It was so peaceful and quiet. And for a bonus, I had it all to myself, on the whole of the promenade I only passed a couple of people out walking their dogs.
Walking along I came across this seagull sitting on a lamp-post and couldn`t resist taking this photo of him (or her). I also saw a small group of Turnstones pecking about, I was able to get quite close to them and stood watching them for a while. There is just so much beauty in nature.

2 comments:

Rajesh said...

Nice Pic ...

Craig Deal said...

thats a great photo