Thursday, January 19, 2006

Crash, bang, wallop!

Its 3.30 a.m. and I can`t sleep I`m worried, so I`m going to share that worry on here.

About an hour ago I was woken from a sound sleep by a noise – a lumping bumping noise. I jumped out of bed, opened my bedroom door and there found my parent had fallen on her way to the bathroom, and was lying full length on the floor near the top of the stairs.

But, how to get her up, that was the problem. She can`t get herself up. She`s no light weight and has a leg which won`t bend. At that time of the morning I couldn`t ring anyone or get a neighbour and I`m alone in the house with her. Eventually after a lot of struggling between us I managed to get her up.

But now I worry – what if it happens again and I can`t lift her, if I can`t get her up what do I do. The weight of responsibility feels to be so heavy on me, and I`m scared and worried.

2 comments:

Dave said...

I suspect in those circumstances 999 would be a number to ring.

Ivy said...

I`m never sure what would be serious enough to ring them for - would just to help get someone up be classed as serious enough?