Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Rain, rain and more rain

After weeks of hot, dry, sunny weather, things have suddenly changed and its rain, rain, rain. I know we badly need the water as they say the reservoirs are low and there may be water restrictions in some parts of the country, but it`s very alarming the power effect that heavy showers of rain can have.

For the first time in as long as I can remember a Carnival has had to be cancelled because of the weather. (Not, I hasten to add that I`m a great fan of carnivals. But, I do feel sorry for all the people that put so much time and effort into preparing their costumes and floats).

But more seriously than that, it’s the way it`s the way it can damage peoples homes and possessions. I wrote the other day about the way I`d found a friends house that I was keeping an eye on, had had water in, well yesterday it was even worse for that person,. Again we had torrential storms and torrents of rain water which went into his house, to such an extent that he had to have the emergency services to pump it out. I feel that I want to reach out comfort and help, but feel so helpless to know how to, or what to do for the best.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep it blazin!

Holla!