Monday, July 31, 2006

A Beautiful Dome

I went for a walk yesterday evening, along by a creek. It was beautiful, the sun was out but a nice breeze kept it from being too hot. There were only very few people about and it was so peaceful.


Getting quite a way along and coming to an end of the path I stood on a kind of beach area totally alone, and just took in the wonder of all about me. It was just flat marsh land, creeks and inlets, and openness. So much space and quietness.

The sun went slightly behind a cloud causing me to look up at the sky, and I am so glad I did. I just stood and looked and looked. There were a few clouds, mostly fluffy white ones, and but one or two others in shades of grey. But the sky seemed to have a special quality about it, the blues and turquoise were so translucent, and I got a great sense of the shape of a dome covering me, and all round me, as I could see the sky touching flat land all round which ever way I turned. (In some ways it made me feel as if I was in one of those snow-storm dome ornaments) I felt totally covered and secure beneath this beautiful dome. It had me mesmerised as I stood there, just looking and taking it all in.

No comments: