Friday, July 21, 2006

Breaking eggs

So, why did I break all those eggs? (yesterday`s posting) Well, I went to the fridge yesterday afternoon and all I could see in there were boxes upon boxes of eggs.... we have a man who brings us half a dozen eggs each week, but with having had two weeks holiday and not so many hot meals with the hot weather, the cartons of eggs had just got put in the fridge. And, sitting there on the shelves looking at me, were 26 eggs!

Now, there`s only two of us in the house, so we couldn`t eat them all as omelettes, fried, boiled or scrambled without having them meal after meal after meal, so I decided something had to be done with them. Out came the mixing bowl, food mixer and cake tins and I had a baking session. Something I used to love doing but haven`t done for a long time.

So now, instead of eggs sitting in the fridge, there`s sponge cakes, buns and sponge flans sitting in the freezer! As well a cherry buns and a sponge being eaten.

(Guess some of them could come in useful for the cricket club!)

No comments: