Sunday, July 16, 2006

Typing words

I`ve just been typing out some words of hymns onto a sheet, and I`ve found myself really reading what they say and getting far more meaning into them, then when I sing them. Strange isn`t it?

I suppose though when one is singing them, especially when they are well known ones with well known tunes, it almost seems as if you do it in auto-pilot. Although, having said that, sometimes a sentence or phrase within them will suddenly strike a chord, or become apparent and show me something that I hadn`t noticed about it before.
But,I think to type words out is a very good exercise. Even better (to me anyway), than just reading the words and verses, because even doing that the tunes seem to pop into my head and take the words along with them.

It`s not the first time that I`ve noticed this happening, but am I alone in this or does anyone else find the same?

No comments: