Sunday, August 13, 2006

Resolution keeping

I`m pleased with myself today!....I`ve succeeded in at least making an attempt to keep one of the new year resolutions that I made. I know its been almost eight months since I made them, but at least I`ve made the effort before the end of the year.

What have I been doing… I`ve made a start on finishing the cross stitch picture which I started at least five years ago. I`ve been meaning and meaning to get on with it, because it should be a lovely picture when it`s finished and I want to see it hanging on my wall. So, as it was a nice sunny afternoon I took the canvas, on its frame, along with all the cottons, pattern and my needle and scissors out to the summer house. No telephone to disturb me, no one to talk and distract me, and I spent a peaceful couple of hours on my own stitching away at it.

The picture is of dolphins and coral under the sea, when it`s finished (not for a while yet because of the size of it), I`ll put a picture here for you all to see. Maybe if you all jog me at times, it will encourage me to make sure I complete it now that I`ve got going on it again.

No comments: