Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Just two more days

Only two more days to go. What a nice thought that is, just two days and I can finish work for just over a weeks holiday.

I`m looking forward to a holiday, but yet, although I`m going away for it, I think it`s going to be a very tiring hard time and I`ve got some anxieties over it. I`m taking my elderly parent with me, so that means I`ve got seven days of wheelchair pushing ahead of me, so I hope I can find some level places. She`s bigger and heavier than me, so I`m stuck when it comes to hills – ofcourse I could always let go on a downwards hill and catch her up at the bottom, couldn`t I?!

My real worry though is that at home she doesn`t walk up steps or stairs, she uses a stair lift, but at the hotel we`re going to, she couldn`t get a ground floor room, so booked (at the beginning of the year) an upstairs one. “Oh, I can do them” she says, whenever I say anthing about it, but I`m scared that she`s not going to be able to do them, or worse still that she`ll fall down them. But what can I do?!

No comments: