Friday, August 18, 2006

Tranquil gardens


The sun drew me out this afternoon, instead of getting on with jobs that I should have been doing indoors, I got in the car, drove a short distance to some gardens with a maze, and had a lovely walk in through the gardens. Not formal beds of plants and flowers in these gardens, but natural borders with grassy paths, a stream running through, forming ponds and the sounds of running water.
Not being a person to like feeling enclosed and trapped, I didn`t venture into the maze, but enjoyed the freedom of walking in the open air, feeling the breeze on my arms, seeing the unusual plants and flowers. There were very few people there, so it was really lovely, peaceful and a place to pleasantly spend an hour or so, a place to escape to. Here are a few pictures I took there.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: