Monday, August 14, 2006

The Price of Fish

Having written about the fish I cooked last week, here`s another fishy blog!

I wonder how many readers are like me, and really just take it for granted that one can just go to the fish shop and buy fish, maybe even complaining at the price of it. I wouldn`t say I`ve complained about the price, because I`d always buy fish, my favourites being dover sole, brill or turbot.

But having watched the series of programmes on BBC the other week all about the trawlermen who go out deep sea fishing to bring us these delicacies, makes one realise the danger they put their lives into to catch the fish, and the hard times they have when the nets come up empty. It really makes me really appreciated the fish all the more. And give thanks for those who go to sea.

No comments: