Friday, August 11, 2006

Fish & Chips

One of my favourite meals has to be fish and chips. Maybe its because I live by the sea and it’s a traditional dish. Today I did something I hadn`t done for a long,long while, and that was go to the wet fish shop and buy some fish, then over the road to the greengrocers and get some nice big potatoes.

Home I went with them, peeled the potatoes, cut them into chips and put them in the deep fry. Then I got out a mixing bowl into which went some flour and water and a tiny bit of bicarbonate of soda. Once that was well mixed to a smooth batter I dipped my whole plaice in it, thoroughly coated it, then gently lowered it into the deep fry. After the necessary time, it came out, golden and beautiful. How I enjoyed my tasty dinner today! I`m by no means decrying the usual Friday dinner of fish and chips from the chip shop, but ohhh what a difference home cooked has. I must do it more often. Anyone want any?!

3 comments:

see-through faith said...

me I love fish and chips. You can't get it here -and homemade doesn't seem quite as good somehow -must be my cooking!

Ivy said...

Nice to know I`m not the only one that loves potatoes, Antennae.

Ivy said...

What, no fish & chip shops in Finland?? you are missing out!