Sunday, May 21, 2006

More thoughts

My parent is back, and my quiet peaceful week of existance is shattered. I know that I should be grateful that I still have a parent, but to be perfectly honest, it`s not the parent that I was closest to, I "lost" (yes, I know, I`m using that expression which I`ve said before that I detest, but today it`s how it feels), the one that meant the most to me. I suppose you could say I was a proper `Daddy`s girl`. I just shared so much more with him, we had so many more interests in common, did more together. I always imagined it would be him and me, not her and me left. Now, as it is, I`d rather be on my own, but that`s not possible.

I`ll just have to do, as the words of a hymn we had this morning said: (Strange we should have it this morning really - it meant a lot to me when my Dad was ill and at many times since, so its become a favourite of mine)

Father, I place into your hands
The things that I can`t do.
Father, I place into your hands
The times that I`ve been through
Father, I place into your hands
The way that I should go,
For I know I always can trust you.

No comments: