Thursday, May 25, 2006

Gardens

Having just been watching the Chelsea Flower Show on televison. I enjoy seeing all the different gardens, but then I look out of the window at my back garden, and oh dear, what a difference. My lawn, if you can call it a lawn, isn`t just smooth green grass, its full of daisies, buttercups, wild violets, dandelions and weeds!, and no matter what I do, they keep on coming back again and again. My borders haven`t neat tidy edges, they`ve adjusted to the shapes of the shrubs growing in them. There`s a good crop of weeds that keep recurring however many times I pull them out, especially the bind weed which is such a nightmare that I always end up giving up on it. Oh, well, I suppose I can dream of having a garden like those one of these days, but I don`t know when!

No comments: