Thursday, May 04, 2006

Holiday jobs

Today, I`ve collected plants that someone was going to give me; tidied and filed all the papers from all my worktops here; written some letters; defragmented my computer files; and done lots of jobs that have been sitting about waiting to be done. Why have I done all this today – because I`m shortly going on holiday.

It seems to me that holidays are good for making one get organised and do all those jobs that keep getting put off – or so I find. I`m not meaning that I do the jobs when I`m on holiday, what I find is, that when I`ve got a holiday booked to go away, in the week or so before it, I suddenly find myself thinking, I really must do this job, and that job, and the other jobs, all before I go. They may have been sitting there for a few weeks and wouldn`t hurt to sit there until I came back. So why is it, that I feel I must get all done and leave everything clear before I go off? Is it just me, or do others find the same? Odd isn`t it – it happens every time.

Do we do it, incase we don`t come back, so that it doesn`t look a muddle to others? Is it so that it gives a nice feeling of a new start after a holiday? Or why is it??

Or is it just me?!

No comments: