Wednesday, May 24, 2006

It`s better with a man!

What a difference a man makes.

I may be old fashioned, and am definitely not a women`s libber. I suppose that yes, in some ways and things I want equality for women, like respect and equal pay etc., but in the majority of instances I feel that there are some things that men are better at, and others that women are better at.

What am I waffling on about you`re probably wondering by now…. Well, I`ll get to the point. For over thirty years of my working life I`ve had a man as the boss, and that has seemed right and proper. Then things changed and a young lady became the boss, straight away the whole atmosphere in the workplace changed, in with her came her mood swings, favouritism, and a high-handed attitude. To try and be fair to her, maybe she had taken on more than she could cope with, but she wasn`t going to admit it, and that may have been why she acted as she did, but, it wasn`t a happy atmosphere.

Now, the male presence is restored and what a difference in has made in just a short time. It is now again a pleasure to go to work (well, as pleasurable as work can be!)

No comments: