Monday, November 28, 2005

Boxes

Boxes, boxes everywhere, and not a space to spare!
No, I`m not talking about Christmas boxes, I`m not one of those organised people who`ve done all their Christmas parcels up yet. I`m talking about all those boxes that one just has to keep.
It seems to me that now-a-days, whenever you purchase something, its always in an enormous box, and the instructions say “keep the box” in case you need to return it – but, they don`t tell you where to store all those boxes. I can`t put them in the cupboard, that`s full – of boxes already, there`s no room under the beds, nor on top of the wardrobes, the cupboard under the stairs is full, there`s only a small opening to the loft and a lot of the boxes won`t go through it, no matter how we twist and turn them. We`re drowning in boxes!
What anyone who lives in a small flat does I dread to think, we have at least got a medium size house, but still have no where to put all these boxes.
And, if we dare to throw one out, it`s sure to be just the one we need isn`t it?! I wonder what other people do with them. Do they keep them or destroy them or where do they put them.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Take the largest box. Place next largest box inside it. Then put next largest in that...

My Daily Struggles said...

Nothing like a little medication to cure the box hoarding.

Ivy said...

Now, why didn`t I think of that first idea?!