Friday, October 20, 2006

What a catch!

Having finished most of the work I`d got to do the other day, I asked my boss if she`d got a job I could do for about an hour (until the time I left off). To my astonishment she turned round and said, "you can go home if you like". I queried that I`d heard right, and thought perhaps she`d mistaken the time, and said but I`ve still an hour to do, But no, I had heard right. She said, you can owe us an hour, but I didn`t particularly like the thought of that (as it may be at a time when I didn`t want to stay late or do extra). But I said, ok, after all it was a nice sunny day and it would be nice to get out early.

A couple of minutes later, she said to me, trying to sound innocent, you could come in for an hour on Friday morning if you like.... (my day off). So, there was no lay in for an extra hour this morning, I had to be up to go into work at the usual early time, just for one hour. And it was just so that she didn`t have to do some of my work on my day off. It seems so pointless really going in for one hour. I shall definitely be more wary next time such a suggestion is made!!

No comments: