Thursday, October 19, 2006

Ageism

The government has now brought in new rulings on ageism, and the right of people to work beyond their normal retirement.


I don`t think this is a good idea. After all, while jobs are filled by people who carry on working long past retirement age, what happens to all the young people who can`t even get jobs now? If people never retire they`ll be no vacancies for them, and the government will have to keep paying them unemployment money – so why do they think they`ll save by not paying out pensions if people who continue working. It seems ludicrous to me.

I wonder how long it will be before they decide that people have to work until they die?!

I know, I for one won`t be working beyond the time when I can legally retire, and the sooner the better!
There`s got to be a life outside of work, hasn`t there?

No comments: