Friday, April 07, 2006

Natural healing

In my blog a fortnight ago today I wrote about my poor finger that I`d stupidly burnt. Well for about ten days I`ve been going about with it wrapped up in a white hanky taped down, to keep it clean and so that I didn`t burst the big blister that had formed. (not one hanky the whole time, I hasten to add). How difficult it has been to keep it dry, and to do things with a bandaged index finger. And with my parent being unwell, it didn`t even get me out of doing the washing up!

I`ve left it uncoved these last few days and I can now see new skin forming as pieces of the dried scab come away.

Isn`t nature wonderful, I did nothing to it to make new skin grow, but it`s done it all on its own. What a wonderful thing the body is when you really stop and think about it.

No comments: