Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spending Spree!

Being on holiday, and the weather not being good (wind and rain on Monday) I decided to treat myself to a new lap-top as my current one wouldn`t do all that I needed. So off I went to a large computer store on the edge of the "big city" - well - Norwich, but as a child it was always the big city and I suppose that title sticks!. Anyway, I digress....

Having had a good look round at all the different ones available and with the help of a helpful assistant, I made my choice, and bought it. I`ve got it all set up fine, connected to the Internet too after a few attempts - but I`ve come up with one problem - trying to load the installation discs of my current printers, neither of them are compatable with the new windows Vista, they both work with Windows XP! So, have I got to treat myself to a new printer too?

5 comments:

Leigh said...

I hope you love your new laptop! Sorry about the weather but it sounds like a great day to shop! BTW, I have given you an award, just pop over to my blog and pick it up!

Dave said...

Try going to the website of the printer manufacturers. You can often download new drivers there.

Ivy said...

Thanks....
Thanks Leigh for the award

Thanks Dave, I`ve now got the printers installed.

Lani said...

Yay for a new computer. Glad you got the printer thing figured out, although, I'd say a new printer would have been a good solution, too. ;)

eija said...

Wow - nice! Not the weather, though...

I'm planning to have a week off, too, next week :)