Monday, March 17, 2008

Got it!

I can now reveal what it was I wrote here about.

I`m starting a new job.

After almost forty years of working in the same job and building - albeit that it has had a few changes during that time, both in the actual structure of the building and in the type of work I was doing. I`ve ventured to make a change.

With the new owners of where I work and their growth in number of retail outlets I heard that they were going to be starting a head office. So, finding out that it was going to be located in offices above where I currently work, I asked one of them if there was any chance of a job there..... and, to cut a long story short..... he came back, having talked it over with the other partner and said Yes.

So, the middle of next week, I become the first employee of their Head Office. I`m really looking forward to it, as I thoroughly enjoy office work and am happy working on my own. I`m chuffed too, to think that they rate my work highly enough to promote me to the job.

4 comments:

Lani said...

Awesome news, Ivy! That's just fantastic.

Dave said...

Congratulations on going up in the world.

eija said...

Ooohh, wow! Congrats and enjoy the change!

Leigh said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I can't wait to hear all about your new job!