Friday, December 07, 2007

How many chickens?...

No, I`m not counting chickens. They say you shouldn`t count your chickens till they`re hatched, but I`m hoping against hope that mine will hatch out.

I`ve just done something, I`ve never done before!..... filled out an application form for a job.

Yes, I know I`ve been working for almost 38 years in the same place, but when I started there was no such formality as filling in loads of forms. You just went along saw the manager and hey presto if you were ok the job was yours. That was the benefit I suppose of living in a place all my life and my parent being well known as a respectable gentleman, that if I was his daughter that was it. Infact, thinking about it, I never even went for an interview. My Dad just went and saw the manager and said I was looking for a job, he said ok, start on Monday. What a different place the world is now!!

1 comment:

seethroughfaith said...

what job? (you can email me if you can't put it here)