Friday, August 24, 2007

Singleness

I recently had to fill in a questionnaire, and amongst the questions on it was about what type of person I would like, or think, should be the successor to the current one.
Should they be male; female; single; married; married no family; married with family; etc....
(ok, I know in these days of discrimination that such a question shouldn`t be asked or take place in any decisions, but it was there, and I answered it) .

And, after answering it, as male and single (having worked with females, I find males easier to work with, and a single person probably gives more time to the job). I realised how my answer, - as a single woman - could be interpreted!
That it was that I was looking for a "man"! - And, before anyone one wonders, No I`m not...... although if Mr. Right did come along and didn`t mind the burden of an elderly parent...who knows?!

I wonder though, how many other single people like myself find it as difficult as I do to make friends with people of the opposite sex for fear of being thought that more than friendship is being sought?

No comments: