Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Precious possessions?

I recently had to evacuate, along with many others, the building where I was working because it filled with smoke.

As we stood outside in the cold, (at least it wasn`t raining!) with no coats and no possessions, I suddenly started thinking, my handbag`s still in there. What will I do if I don`t get it back? And all the things that are in it started to go through my mind - my house and car keys, a friends house key, my credit cards, my purse, my cheque book, my mobile phone, etc...etc.. - all essential items. It was an alarming thought.

And, I thought how wise men are who have all their items in their pockets and not in bags, when things like this happen they have their essentials with them.

Fortunately, nothing burnt down and I was able to retrieve my bag after about an hour.

No comments: