Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Magic Wand

Wanted.... a magic wand!

I`m working on a project with a colleague, but I think he thinks I`ve got a magic wand to do things with. The item we`re working on needs to be ready for the weekend, we`ve been working on it for weeks, but he keeps putting off everything till the last minute. I`d eventually got everything set out nicely on some A5 size pages, produced a master copy of a front page and given it to him, as he wanted to get the covers printed himself. Ok, I thought, that will save me a little time.

What happens?... he proudly brings one of the covers up to show me yesterday - not even done to my design which I`d spent quite a time doing (grrrrrr!), but..... it`s the wrong size! It`s at least an inch and a half smaller in length and an inch smaller in width.

"You can reduce the pages to fit, can`t you" he said! Does he really, seriously think I can wave a magic wand and make everything reduce itself on about 40 pages of print and pictures, and still be readable, and all in time still to print, fold and staple by Saturday, as well as go to work, look after the house, and parent, and do other routine tasks? Not usually one to refuse to do something if I possibly can, I had to say a straight "No, I can`t" to him "You`ll have to redo the covers to fit". (And how quick he`ll be getting them is another question altogether)

So, if anyone`s got a spare magic wand... send it this way.

No comments: