Monday, July 30, 2007

The Envelope

The postman delivered an envelope for me today.
Not that it`s unusual for him to do that (and to deliver me other peoples mail when he either doesn`t stop to read the addresses or can`t be bothered to walk up another path to another door, so he sticks them all through mine!), but this envelope I`d been waiting for but hadn`t expected for another week. Did that mean that it was bad news because it had come earlier than expected.

So there it laid on the table for me at dinnertime. I looked at it, I wanted to open it, but yet I didn`t want to open it. I was anxious about what it might say. So, I made myself eat my dinner first and kept putting off opening it, although I needed to know what it said, I was afraid of what it might say.

In the end, I opened it, slowly, carefully and withdrew the single sheet of headed paper... and thankfully it was good news, the Scan I`d had the other week had shown up no problems. What a relief.

1 comment:

007and a half said...

That's great news and saves you worrying for another week :-)