Friday, July 27, 2007

Signs by the Sea

Walking along the sea front this evening, something I`ve not done for ages and ages, but somehow I felt drawn to tonight as it was a such a beautiful evening, the tide was full up and sea was gently lapping around the boulders, very peaceful.

As I walked I found myself idly looking at the names of the beach huts along there - what imagination some people have in the way they name them, there was Sunny Days, Green Lagoon and The Red Tardis, along with others.

But the sign that gave me the most laugh was outside a cafe, at the bottom of the list of what it had on offer the usual tea, coffee, ices, etc.. the bottom line read "Toilet - seating inside" !! Now, my pictual mind came up with all sorts of views on that, as to what toilets would be outside and not have seating!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha... In 1979 i went to Russia with my parents. And no, the toilet was not outside (almost wish it was - the smell would've certainly been less horrible) but there was no seating - just two dents on the floor for your feet and between them a hole where you were supposed to do your business...