Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Carbon Footprint

Everyone seems to be talking about Carbon footprints lately, on wireless, tv, even as storylines in tv soaps. So, finding this carbon footprint calculator on here, I thought I`d risk giving it a go to see what they estimate my carbon footprint as.

And, it`s quite a way below the 5 tonnes per person that they say a person uses, so I`m pleased about that. Mine came out at 3.9

But, I really do wonder how much of the problem is caused by all these rockets and things being sent up into space. They must surely cause a terrific amout of pollution to the atmosphere, let alone the awful waste of money that could be far better spent on helping the starving people of the world, the homeless and trying to find cures for the many diseases about. It makes me mad at times to think of the way people suffer when money is used so inconsiderately for space travel and exploration, which really seems to serve no useful purpose.

No comments: