Sunday, June 25, 2006

Milk Bath!

It`s no use crying over spilt milk - or so the saying goes.

Well, I`m not crying, but I`ve just been busy mopping up spilt milk.

Having taken some milk out in a beaker for our picnic flask of tea, I had the remainer of it standing on the work top in the kitchen whilst making a drink for supper. I`d reached across it to get the kettle, made the drinks, put the kettle back, all safely without knocking it over, then.... taking a tea bag out of the mug (yes, I lazily didn`t make tea in the teapot!), the beaker of milk somehow must have got caught by the spoon, because I heard a splosh and felt my skirt get wet, my slipper and my foot get wet and the floor got a nice covering too!

What I`d like to know is, why does a quarter of a beaker of milk seem like a pint when it`s spilt?!

No comments: