Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Time to Reflect

Another year draws to a close, and I find myself thinking back over the events of the year.

It has been a year of change in many way. If anyone had told me at the start of the year, just how much my life would change in 2008 I wouldn`t have thought it possible.

It hasn`t all been smooth sailing, there have been some rough and turbulent times, times of worry and upset, but following all these storms, calm came.

In the course of just a few months, I was promoted to a job (within the same firm) which is far more fulfilling and enjoyable to me, the type of work I`ve always wanted to do; I found the strength to stand up to getting my parent living in a place more suitable for her decreasing mobility; and took on the responsibility for organising a large event at our church.

I feel I`ve grown in confidence during the year; I`ve made some new friends; I`ve got the freedom of living on my own; and I`ve even given my blog a new look ready for the new year!!
All in all, it has been a good year for me.

What I wonder, will 2009 hold?

2 comments:

Lani said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for letting me "follow along" with your 2008. It's been fun to read your blog and nice to get to know you a little.

Z said...

It's been quite a year - hope this year will be even better for you!