Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hunt the.........

.... no not Hunt the Thimble, but we`ve been doing something similiar to that old children`s party game this afternoon and evening....

....I`ve been playing "hunt the mobile phone"!

I went to take my phone out of my handbag when I got to work this morning, and it wasn`t there. It must be at home, I thought, not unduly worried. Going home at lunch time, I went to the obvious places where I sometimes put it, but it wasn`t there either.

I couldn`t remember when I last had it. I knew I`d definitely had it on Friday, and think I`d had it Saturday or Sunday evening, but wasn`t sure. So we started to look for it. We searched high and low in the house, even in the most unlikely of places too, including the paper recycling bin outside; the summerhouse and garden shed; the laundy basket.... and so on. Perhaps it fell out in the car, so the car was turned inside out too, but to no avail. I began to think I must have lost it out at one of the Flower Festivals which I went to at the weekend, so rang up people we knew connected with both the churches, and they said they`d have a look round and ask for me. I rang the shop I went to yesterday morning to get a loaf of bread, but no luck there.

I thought, ah!..I know, if I dial the number it will ring and I can locate it from that if its in the house - so I dialled the number..... but..... I`d, as usual, turned the phone off, so that idea didn`t work.

It`s not that I use it a lot, I seldom ring anyone from it but I do like to have one when I`m out and when in the car, so I began looking on the web at prices and ideas for getting a new one as I thought that was what I`d have to do.

Now, a few minutes ago I went into my bedroom, for the umpteenth time..... and.... moving a chair, which I`d moved before, there on the chair sat my mobile phone!

3 comments:

eija said...

Hmm... wrote a long answer to you - and it was lost in the cyber space! Grr! So let's try again...

My Miss 11 once (again) lost her cell phone. It was nowhere. And of course, she had turned it on silent so calling it didn't help either. Finally I did the same what I did twice (or was it three times?) when she lost her bike key: I prayed. "Please God let it be found. You know where it is!" And after a short while the phone was found (like the bike key, too!): It was inside the armchair in the living room!

My friend once found her engagement ring from the beach after a year - she too had prayed God to show it to her. So prayer really is a valid search method :D

-e-

ps. have you been to my and Lorna's new places?

Leigh said...

I lose things all of the time, I totally understand! But, I am glad you found it!!!

I love all of the floral photos that you have posted since my last visit, total gorgeousness!!

Anonymous said...

I play that game all the time :)