Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Fort Knox?

I really felt in the mood to be outside and do some gardening the other day, so got to work on setting my vegetable seeds. Not a lot, but I do like to try and grow some carrots, beetroot, onions and runner beans.

Our gardener had made a raised bed for me, for this year, so having raked the soil and got it as level as I could (I`m not very good at that), I first set 3 rows of onion sets, then the carrot and beetroot seeds. I`ll do the runner beans a bit later on.

Now, we have a number of cats who like to visit our garden, and as much as we chase them off they still keep returning. It`s so annoying when you have just set seeds or done some work in the garden to find them come and use it for their loo, and dig amongst the seeds. So, I had to try and find a solution to it, to at least give the seeds a chance of growing. I hunted round in the shed to see what I could use....

Here`s the result of trying to protect my seeds...... will it work..... I wait to see.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Good luck with your garden! I am thinking about starting a vegetable this year! I have heard that if you sprinkle cayenne pepper all around it will keep the cats away???

Lani said...

Our problem is rabbits. I finally gave up and had to put up chicken wire, but I don't think that would probably keep cats out. Wish I had a good solution for you.