Thursday, May 31, 2007

"Where`s my Tea?"

"Where`s my Tea?"

I thought when I got up this morning that the pigeons had gone, they were nowhere to be seen in the garden.... but then at dinnertime they were back, plodding round the corner of the garden by the house, and eagerly came to eat seeds from my hands again when I went out into the garden to see them after dinner.

Then, at tea time when I was in the kitchen getting tea, and D was laying the table, they were out there again. Looking up from my cooking I saw that one of them was standing looking up at the kitchen window. Next thing I knew he (or she) had flown up and was sitting on the kitchen window sill looking in at us! and, not content to just sit and look it kept jumping flapping its wings against the window trying to get in.

D went out with some bread for them, and they came to his hand, but finding it was just bread they pecked at it without eating it - they wanted something better than bread! I went out and gave D some sunflower seeds which he held down to them and they soon greedily scoffed them from his hand.

So, they`ve not left us yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the owners haven't called yet?

Maybe you get to take them up to Leeds? ... If you do, go onto York -and have a lovely day out :)

Ivy said...

No, still no call from the owners.

Now, that sounds a good idea... to have a trip there with them and go to York. I love wandering around York... can I claim a day off work to do it??!!