Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Pigeon Post



The pigeons are still with me, As soon as I went out into the garden this afternoon and stooped down they came to me... so I just had to come in and get some sunflower seeds for them. And, this is what happened....and they both came and stood eating out of my hand.




So then I came indoors and tried to find who to ring to report that they were here. First I looked in the phone book, nothing under pigeon racing, homing or other such words, so I tried the RSPCA found a number and rang it, but again without a lot of success as the nearest one that I rang only works a few hours on certain days, according to the recorded message, and today wasn`t one of them!

I then searched the web for Pigeon racing/homing, but on not finding anything useful, tried searching for the Rspca and at last found a contact number for Kings Lynn, so I rang them. There, the girl answering the phone was very helpful and she gave me a number of the pigeon racing club to ring.... I rang them. The young lady there was also fairly helpful. I had got the number off one of the birds leg rings, so on giving her that and she found it almost straight away as belonging to someone in Leeds! I couldn`t read all the other ones number so we couldn`t search that one. She then gave me the phone number of the person the first one belonged to for me to contact them. I said, don`t you get in touch with them, but she said no, I had to! I`ve now rung that number and left a message as it was an answer machine! So, I await them ringing me.

We`ll see what the next installment is tomorrow!
Unless ofcourse the birds have flown off before then!

No comments: