Monday, March 20, 2006

Store stacks

What am I going to write about today?.... I don`t really know. It`s been a pretty ordinary day. I suppose I could tell you about the “smashing” time I had on Saturday.

Why is it that now-a-days all shops and supermarkets try to cram as many stands and stacks of goods in all the aisles, so that one just can`t help but knock into them or trip over them? Is it in the hopes that something will fall into ones basket as you walk past them, and then you pay for it at the till and don`t notice it until you get home?
No, that`s not what happened to me, but its a thought.

As I was walking down the stores aisle carrying items in my arms, I turned the corner to the right to get to where I had to be when my arm just brushed lightly against something, and the next second, myself and a lady coming the other way just stood transfixed as we watched a pack of 10 bottles of beer crash to the floor and smash! As it hit the ground we both managed to jump back so no glass hit us, but for the rest of the day there was an unsavoury smell of drink coming from where it had splashed on my skirt and shoes! As I don`t drink alcohol, what anyone who didn`t know me and came across me that day thought, I daren`t think!

Yes, there had been an unstable stack of them on that corner, in a ridiculous place for bottles to be. But I noted today that the message must have got through, because they`re not on the corner now!

No comments: