Friday, March 24, 2006

Calamaties!

Well, after a good morning, it turned out to be "not my day", calamaties have occured.

First I was reversing into a space on a carpark in the town and someone backed out of the space opposite me, and despite me hitting my horn he backed straight into the front of my car. When he got out he turned out to be someone from the same church as me! He admitted he hadn`t looked where he was going. Consequently I then spent time this afternoon how I hadn`t planned, in taking my car to the garage to get an estimate for the cost of the work. Thankfully the damage was not too serious.

Now, after making a cake and cooking my tea, I`ve burnt my finger and may have damaged one of the hot plates on the cooker. I set a tray on the work top while I took the cake out of the oven, went to move the tray and ouch! I got hold of hot melted plastic, or some such substance. The plate was still on slightly and had melted the underneath of the tray on to it. I stuck my hand straight in cold water. But, being the coward and squeamish as I am, especially with hands and fingers I`m now sitting here trying to type with one finger wrapped in a piece of kitchen paper because I daren`t look to see what damage I`ve done or if there`s a blister forming, (of course it had to be the index finger on my right hand, didn`t it, the one I use most),

Anyway, to cheer us up after reading that, here`s a photo of some daffodils that I took in the garden this afternoon.

So, it`s been a "funny old day" as they say.

No comments: