Saturday, February 14, 2009


A Sign of Spring

I bought this bunch of daffodils a fortnight ago when then were in the pencil stage (buds straight up) and have watched them gradually bend their heads and slowly open to reveal the beauty of their flowers, and this is how they look today. They really brighten up the kitchen, and cheer me whenever I look at them. Not that I`m sad, but they somehow just can`t help but lift ones spirits even higher.

Why in the kitchen, you may wonder - well for a couple of reasons. Firstly that I spend quite a bit of time in there, secondly because it`s cool, so they last a long time and I can watch them as they change from bud to flower, a small change every day, until they come to their full potential and beauty.

What joy a single bunch of flowers can give.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw a daffodil IN BUD here in Wales yesterday ... only one ... a brave warrior with the spirit of Joshua and Caleb I think

spring will be a couple of months behind in Finland ...(usually late March at the very earliest ---more usual is mid April)