Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Wonderful sight

I must share with you today a wonderful sight I came across this afternoon. It really lifted my spirits to come across such a marvellous thing purely by chance. I was out for a drive, trying out my new "toy", and the sun was just beginning to go down. As I drove down a country lane I stopped to admire the setting sun, and then in the distance I saw this.


At first they were just dots in the distance, but as they got closer, it became a real spectacle.


There were hundreds and hundreds of birds - geese I think - and the sound of them was tremendous, all honking away as they flew. Skein after skein of them filled the sky, pattern after pattern they formed above me as they flew onwards to the setting sun.


And the sky turned more and more orange as the sun set.



It was totally awe inspiring.


(If you click on the pictures, you`ll see the birds a bit clearer)

1 comment:

seethroughfaith said...

lovely photos esp the last one.

Geese are noisy aren't they?