Saturday, September 16, 2006

Taxi anyone?

My parents didn`t drive, but I was encouraged or should I say "persuaded" to learn to drive about 14 years ago now, just after my Dad died, by my doctor as a means of helping my self-confidence and to give me independence. I passed my test second time, having failed the first one through being too cautious. Learning to drive was one of the best things I`ve ever done and I love driving. My biggest regret though, is that I didn`t do it while Dad was alive so that he could have enjoyed outings with me.

But, now I`m getting very frustrated and fed by by seeming to be seen as a taxi service, not only for my parent (which is I suppose natural), but now too she assumes that I`ll take her friend here and there and to this and that appointment he has regardless of what I`m doing or planning to do. It`s "I told D you`d take him to........." not asking me first are you able to take ........ It`s most annoying but what can I do?

No comments: