Friday, September 29, 2006

A Blessing in Disguise

If you`ve missed my blog entries this week its because I`ve been off line for a while. I was trying to get my laptop on to a wireless connection, and having got the neccessary equipment from my internet supplier and being told I would just need to unplug the current Broadband items and plugged in the new one, I expected it to work immediately. I suppose that was naive of me really to expect it to be that simple!

I knew that I had some emails awaiting me, and one in particular I was anxious to read. So, as I was unable to read it, and I was so desparate for the help I hoped it would give me on some personal matters that I rang the person up to see if I could have a printed copy of what it contained. But, instead of getting a printed version, I had a conversation with the person and found it was far more helpful to talk to someone, however stumbling my words came out.

Emails are great, but I found in this instance it was so much better to actually hear a voice and even in spells of quiet within the call, to just know that someone was there at the other end of the line with me was reassuring and comforting. And, although the problems weren`t completely solved I felt a lot better afterwards.

So, losing my connection for a day or so, was a "blessing in disguise".

God moves in mysterious ways........

No comments: