Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Holiday experiences (3)

LOCKED IN?

I frightened myself one day on my holiday. I think I`ve written here before about my fear and hate of being shut in anywhere, well, while on holiday I happened to go into a public loo, going into the cubical the door slammed shut behind me as soon as I entered. I didn`t like that sensation. It wasn`t a very well lit place and was all dark brown paint. Going to leave the cubical I turned the lock back and the door wouldn`t budge, immediately I started to panic. There was no-one else in there, and not many people at that site, I kept turning the lock knob this way and that, pushing the door, but nothing gave. I looked at the gap at the bottom of the door, but decided it wasn`t big enough for me to limbo under. I knew my parent was in the car, but not very mobile and wondered how long it would be before she came to find me, and I knew she`d be worried when I failed to return. Should I start to shout for help? Would anyone hear me? What should I do?

The toilet roll was hanging on the back of the door, I thought frantically perhaps if I shove hard on that it will help to move/open the door - pushing on that by now in desparation, although it had only been a very few minutes that I`d been in there, I found the toilet roll moved easily, downwards, and the door opened easily! It turned out that the roll had been hanging on the handle of the door that one just needed to press down to open it, but with the darkness of the surroundings I hadn`t been able to see that. Was I relieved!

No comments: