Monday, September 11, 2006

Holiday experiences (2)

Talking or should I say writing about rain greeting us at our holiday destination, it reminded me of a holiday many years ago when we went to Dover. That was quite an "adventurous" holiday in more ways than one! We arrived there in a torrential storm, thunder, lighning and pouring rain, so much rain that the streets were flooded including the road where our guest house was. Climbing the steps to it and ringing the bell, there was no reply, we waited and waited and eventually after a long time a lady came racing along the road. Not a very good welcome.

Then one night during that holiday, I was sound asleep - it was in the days before we really had the need to lock doors - I was woken by giggling voices and discovered a young man carring a (I assume) girlfriend into the room ready to get into bed...... ! I don`t know who had the greatest shock, them or me!

And another strange thing about that place was that although you met and passed people on the stairs, or they burst into your bedroom, you never saw them again during the whole of the stay. Odd.

No comments: