Sunday, January 23, 2005

A Beautiful Coast


What a wonderful part of the country I`m lucky enough to live in.
I`ve just been for a drive along our coast road, to a Staithe when I was able to sit in absolute quiet and peace.

As I sat there I became very much aware of the beauty of my surroundings, there in front of me by the waters edge were about a dozen ringed plovers, pecking about, turning stones over in their quest for food and running in their quick fashion, one could hardly see their feet moving, so quickly did they move. Further along another bird, a bit bigger was also wading along the shoreline, diving its beak in the muddy sand for food, on looking closer I think it was a red shank.

It was sunny and bright when I set out, and dull and rainy when I returned but what ever the weather was doing there was beauty. The colour of the sky an indescrible blue just before the rain and the day turning to evening.

On my way back, a pair of white swans on the green growth on the marsh caught my eye, and a flock (is that the right word?) of coots a bit further along were going down a bank into the water.

So much wildlife, in just a small area. How beautiful.
Thank God for his wonderful world that we share.

No comments: