Sunday, May 24, 2009

"Be still and know that I am God"

As I sat on that seat looking at the sea yesterday, my thoughts just followed their own paths, I wasn`t consciously thinking of anything. No list of things to be done, no thoughts of what to do next, my mind wasn`t busy whirrling round with the hundred and one things it normally is, but instead it was just content to just "be".

Some things came to my mind, from somewhere deep inside me, things I`d not thought of for months, years. Somehow sitting looking at the sea, is one place that I really feel I can relate to the bible verse "Be still and know that I am God". (Psalm 46:10).

Looking at the vastness of the sea, always seems to put any problems I may have into perspective. It is so huge, so immense, yet although it may at times be rough and at others calm, it is always there. And it`s a strong reminder to me that God is like that too, always there.

2 comments:

stf said...

we explored that verse today in the worship service .. nice to find it here too.

It was lovely to see you when I was in the UK - so sorry that the trip out didn't work out though

Lani said...

One of my favorite verses.