Saturday, May 23, 2009

A "Holiday"

The sun shone this morning.

It was a day off work.

I needed to go into the next town along the coast to get something I couldn`t get here, so having done that, I decided on the spur of the moment to do something I`d not done before. I walked through the town and onto the sea front there. In all my years of life, living in the same town, I`d never walked along the prom in the neighbouring town!


It was beautiful there, the sun shone making the sea sparkle, it felt warm on my bare arms. As it was quite early in the day for most people, there were very few about, so I could enjoy the scene and the silence, listening to the gentle sound of the waves turning over on the sand. Wandering slowly along, I then climbed about 100 steps to the top of the cliff when I found a welcome seat to sit, get my breath back, and look at the view.

I felt as if I was on holiday, relaxed, and content. Yet, I was only 5 miles from home. I suppose it just shows that we should learn to enjoy and appreciate what`s "on our doorsteps"!

2 comments:

seethroughfaith said...

I like it that you did this :)

Lani said...

True enough. I think it's safe to say though that my five miles from home doesn't look anything like your five miles from home. ;)