Saturday, January 03, 2009

A lovely sight

Driving along to spend a day with some friend today, I got caught up in a line of slow moving traffic behind a farm vehicle on the road. At first this caused me a slight annoyance as I wanted to be getting to my destination. But as I trundled along thinking, well, I guess he`s got work to do and I shouldn`t really mind, I glanced idlely into the field on my left.

Then I looked again, as something caught my eye. There, standing amongst the green of the crop was a small deer. The first time I had seen one in the wild like that.

How glad I was that the farm vehicle had made me go slowly by! At normal speed of the road I wouldn`t have seen it.

1 comment:

eija said...

Just catching up with my blog reading and saying hi and happy new year to you too!

The Christmast card you sent me was so sweet :)