Sunday, June 10, 2007

Who put that post there?

Who put that post there? that was a question I was asking myself yesterday afternoon, after having done had a large shopping session in a supermarket. I was loading the boot of my car up, and having got more bags of shopping that would fit in the boot (around a walking aid also in there - not mine, I hasten to add), I went to open the rear door of my car to put the remaining bags in. Turning quickly and remembering to avoid walking into the shopping trolley beside me I found myself knock against something and unable to save myself I went sprawling to the ground.

Still clutching a bag of shopping, I hastily got up, hoping no-one had seen me, and rapidly gathered up the scattered cartons of cherries, peel and other baking items that had been in the bag that fell with me. Looking round to see what had caused me to fall I found that at the back of the parking spaces were bollards, and it was obviously one of those that I`d hit myself against. With a sore smarting knee and hand - neither of which I dare look at to see what damage I`d done to myself (because I`m very squeamish), luckily my skirt was long enough to cover my knee so that I couldn`t see it. My hand, when I dared to glance at it after quickly stowing ther rest of the bags in the car, had been protected by the fact that my sleeve was a bit long, so thankfully no blood there to deal with.

I drove home, about a 25 minute journey, all the while with my knee smarting and making myself keep thinking I must not faint I must get home first. And I succeeded, unloaded the car, put the shopping away before I was then brave enough to survey the damage and bathe the grazes with water.

I`m still feeling a bit shaken up this morning though. Why they need to put posts where people want to load cars up, I just don`t know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch!

isn't it funny though how so often we look round to make sure no-one saw us. I guess it's the fear of being laughed at - though in reality I think most people don't do that when another falls.